Jessica Price Director
Open to all students with little or no previous experience playing a string instrument. To move up to Intermediate Orchestra students must complete the course by mastering and demonstrating all basic playing skills at a satisfactory level (70 grade or higher). These skills are the basics required to successfully start at the intermediate Level.
is for students with some orchestra experience that may need to more preparation to continue to the next class level.
is the next level up from Beginning Orchestra with emphasis placed on the continued development of tone, intonation, and solid playing techniques. More practice and rehearsals become necessary as students are introduced to more diverse and challenging string orchestral music. Advanced techniques necessary for the succession to Advanced Orchestra are introduced and developed.
is the highest level of strings performance at Landrum Middle School and is entered by audition only. Emphasis is placed on the preparation and rehearsing of more complex music for performances and competition, and the continued development and refinement of playing skills. Students display good intonation, tone, and techniques on a consistent basis, and prepare at a higher level. Advanced Orchestra students display a positive attitude toward the orchestra program, and a willingness to cooperate with the directors and students involved in the program.
- To provide an opportunity for each student to find pleasure and satisfaction in playing a stringed instrument.
- To develop an understanding of the written language of music.
- To encourage appreciation for music by exposing students to a variety of repertoire.
- To develop positive self-esteem, responsibility, citizenship, and discipline in each student.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others toward the performance of music in and with the ensemble.
- Respect for others, loyalty to the ensemble and dependable behavior.