The goal of a dress code is to facilitate an environment that maximizes safety & minimizes distractions. We care about the education of your children and OUR students!
Shirts (Navy Blue or White):
- Shirts must be solid-colored white or navy blue. Shirts must be appropriately fitting polo-type shirts with collars. No insignias or logos are allowed on shirts.
- Students are allowed to wear LMS spirit shirts only on Friday’s.
- If a t-shirt (undershirt) is worn underneath the uniform shirt, it MUST be solid white and short sleeved.
- All shirts MUST be tucked in and remain tucked while on campus.
Pants, skirts, or shorts (Khaki or Navy Blue):
- Pants and shorts must be cotton twill and straight-legged. Shorts, skirts, and capri pants MUST be worn below the knee.
- Baggy pants that fall below the waist are not permitted . Pants must fit appropriate to student dress size.
- Belts are encouraged and if worn MUST be plain with regular size buckle.
Sweaters, Sweatshirts, or Vests (White, Navy Blue or Gray) NO hoods:
- Lightweight styles that button, pullover, or zip are appropriate. They MUST be plain with NO hoods.
- Navy blue or white collared polo shirts must be worn underneath sweaters, sweatshirts, or vests.
- Jackets MUST be stored in lockers when students arrive at school, remaining there the entire day. Clothing may not be worn tied around the waist during the school day.
- Tight-fitting attire (stretch fabric/spandex) is not allowed.
- Attire must be WITHOUT designs or slogans. Absolutely no reference to alcohol, drugs, or gangs will be permitted.
- Clothing should be in good condition. Holes, rips, tears, or frayed / split hems are not allowed.
- Hats, caps, hairnets, doo-rags, sweatbands, and bandanas are not allowed at school.
- Hair should be neat and well-groomed. Hair color must be a natural color. No facial hair on boys.
- Boys may wear small stud earrings (no hoops). Girls may wear hoop earrings (no larger than a quarter).
- Nose rings or other visible body piercing are not allowed.
- Necklaces are not part of the LMS dress code and may not be worn.
- Shoes must be worn on campus at all times. For safety reasons, house shoes, and flip-flops are not allowed. Shoes MUST be laced, tied, or fastened properly.
- Students out of dress code will be required to pay $.50 for any article of clothing borrowed or sent home to change and may also receive disciplinary action. Absences from any class due to dress code violations will be unexcused.
- As fashions change and issues arise, the administration reserves the right to amend the dress code as they see fit. The administration may take action on any dress or grooming issue that pulls the attention away from the instructional focus of the campus.
- These guidelines for standardized dress are in addition to the guidelines outlined by SBISD. Students at LMS are required to be in dress code from the time they arrive at school until they are off campus.